Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day? no.



*Before anything, I must just say, I RARELY ever match but this outfit is very matchymatch.
You know that someone is your true friend when they spot this jacket at a thrift store and give it to you instead of keeping it for themselves. This beautifully florescent columbia jacket was a gift from my friend janie that I live with on Nantucket in the summer time. She is currently out west in Jackson Hole, Wyoming- evidentally their thrift stores are amazing. I will definitely be hittin' up some stores when I head out there in march. Janie is awesome and I love her and i can't talk about her without mentioning how cool she is. We talk on the phone everyday...one would probably think that we would run out of things to say but for some reason, it just doesn't happen. Granted we might be discussing something very ridiculous like how many mcnuggets jane should order from wendy's or spending 5 minutes being silent doing our own seperate things whilst on speaker phone [unsure if mary kientzy, the payer of the cell phone bill, would approve of that aspect], but, its the truth. it is amazing when you have friends that you can just talk endlessly with, no pressure. Plus she has the best dog ever, a little black lab princess name bailey that i absolutely adore.
NEway, I went around Durham today and took some more photos for my class and this jacket no doubt kept me warm as can be. Not to mention the best aspect of the jacket, its reversible- ohhhhhh yes. I ended my day by stopping at the Durham Market Place in hopes of finding something to make for dinner for one. Unfortunately the only thing I found was, myself amongst dozens of boys buying bouquets for their significant others. sweet. I left with nothing to make for dinner and a sad heart.
Anyway, I have to pack up all of my stuff tonight that seems to have multiplied by 10 since I got home on Thursday. I am going snowboarding tomorrow morning at WA WACHUSETTE then heading back to rhode island reality where I will be welcome by tests, projects and papers. However, until then, I am very thankful that there is such a holiday as Presidents Day where I don't have to attend class and I get to snowboard.

I got this purple hat at a thrift store called ODD in Portsmouth, NH. It is a wicked unique store that has some very cool items. I love how bright purple this hat is with the bright orange paw print on the front. It also has a little purple rope along where the brim meets the cap, cool stuff. I threw on this colorful winter scarf that's from Urban Outfitters. It's actually my second one of the exact scarf that I have purchased. I gave my first one to one of my friends who really liked the scarf, thinking that I, myself, could part and do without it, I was wrong. I had scarf withdrawals and immediately went to get another. The purple t-shirt that i'm wearing is from a little boutique on thayer st. in rhode island, wicked comfortable material! This outfit is perfect for taking photos in because i can easily move around while still being warm and colorful. So many people take color out of the winter wardrobe and I think that it is such a shame! The time we need color are in the dreary cold winter months! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Abs! Love the jacket - fully support this blog, keep it up! So proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete