Sunday, February 14, 2010

raw.talent.


**Click to enlarge photo**
OK_ I am WAY too anxious to wait to post this photograph.I cannot quite put into words how groundbreaking I view my brothers photography. When Jamie revealed this photo to me, I....well, I always hate pictures of myself and for once I could not stop rambling on about the things that I loved about it [plus imagine seeing it in high resolution, so crisp] It is a bit difficult to talk about a photo that is of yourself without sounding super conceited but it is not even that I think that I make this photograph what it is, I like this picture because I think the angles, lighting, coloring, backdrop, darkness and basically just everything encapsulated are simply out of this world. I've always known my brother to succeed at anything he has tried (for example, making awesome surfboards with amazing artwork after simply watching A video on how to make a board] but his photography skills far surpass anything that he has ever done before. He remarkably captures emotion and seeing photos like this just make me want to see more. I love seeing people's growth and I have seen Jamie's photos get progressively better over a time period of a week, i cannot even imagine what will happen in a month. kudos to creativity. i love it, it's so inspiring.
In this photo I am wearing a grey sweater from Abercrombie&Fitch that is mostly open but has a single wooden clasp on the front for an enclosure. I love this sweater for a couple reasons, not only can you throw it on over so many tops, but with the short sleeve feature you can really throw some cool patterns and colors on underneath to spice up the grey. I also love how it has a hood! I am wearing a forest green sweatshirt underneath from a boutique called accentuate in Jackson, WY because I was leaning more on the comfort side of things. On the bottom I am wearing dark skinny jeans from forever21 that are the perfect jeans to pair with a bulky comfy top. The scarf that is wrapped around my head is from Old navy, cool pattern huh. Lastly my argyle socks were a gift. I love patterned socks!!

1 comment: