Friday, February 12, 2010

BIRTHDAY DINNER




I am about to go to dinner with my parents and my sister (sans the two older brothers) to a restaurant called Bonta. I believe it is in..Hampton. I turned 23 yesterday so this is a little celebratory dinner! :) I love being with my family, they are the most amazing people that roam this earth. I have a really great relationship with my family and I cherish that more than anything. I love spending time with them!
So after the doctors today, I went around my hometown (DURHAM) and took some photos, i am excited to see how they came out. Enroute I stopped at a little thrift store called "bindy's boutique" in downtown Durham,NH and grabbed this $1.00 blazer! I mean honestly, I recently was in a store that was selling a jacket JUST like this for 80 bucks.I will rep thrift stores till i die- they are AMAZING. I think people have a false idea that thrift stores only have junky, unwanted clothing but it is the complete opposite. Of course one must do a thorough sift through of the clothing but there are some serious hidden gems. Sometimes I will find some items that may have to be altered but those are generally pretty simple alterations. Anyway, I paired it with this belt that I bought there for $2.00- even though it does have a button on it its a little big so I made it more secure by wrapping the belt around it. Underneath I am wearing the most comfortable long sleeve blue shirt from forever 21, i wear it a lot because comfort is key in my life. I spend most of my days walking to and from class and all that fun college jazz so comfort is a must! I am wearing a pair of stretch skinny jeans for forever 21 that are also SO comfortable and cute. I got my riding-esque boots at macy's (white mountain) and they are a staple item- they go great with so many outfits (when im in the mood to be a bit dressy...well dressy for me) This outfit has a bit of an equestrian feel actually... haha [my aunt kathleen would approve!] Oh i can't forget my scarf, if you can believe it its from....walmart. I bought it for my Where's Waldo halloween costume (and put white tape for the stripes) but then I realized it was actually pretty cute so unraveled the white tape and ta-da! Off to DINNER!

No comments:

Post a Comment