Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Funday



*rose scarf- thrift store, RI. White golfer pullover- Thrift store, Nantucket. Grey skinny pants-Forever 21*
I don't mind Monday's for one and only reason and that is because I have my photography class on Monday. We developed some more prints today and I swear I could have stayed in there for the rest of the day. Three hours is not enough. I finished the assignment and stayed to print more and found myself to be the last one in the darkroom, everyone had left. It is hard to describe how amazing and rewarding it is to develop your own film. One would think that you don't have a lot of creative leway but with filters, time, light, etc. you really do! My mom used to have a darkroom in our old house in peterborough, NH- which makes me realize its a definite possibility to have my own in my house one day.
Unfortunately I lost a whole section of my Computer Aided Design project that I completed last week and have to re do it all- so discouraging. i sent my finished product to my e-mail and i am unsure what happened but it the attachment never sent! So back to the drawing board. What can you do.
I am really thankful to have such amazing friends. Sometimes in life we go through things that make you stop and rethink what you've always deemed the truth. you always thought that even though you might grow apart from someone it doesn't mean you can't pick up where you left off. I've always had an understanding with most of my friends that although we might not talk all of the time and although we may not see eachother a lot, we know that we are always there for eachother and we know that there will be a time in life where we will come together and everything will pick up where it left off. I want to grow old with my friends and keep them forever. I've had an emotionally grueling past few days and the more that I contemplate and the more that I think, the more things don't make sense. so I am vowing to just stop thinking about things that I cannot change. As i've always known, my family is always there for me and friends come from all over for comfort. I appreciate the people in my life that know how important their friendship/relationship is to me and how much I value it. It's difficult losing one of your greatest friendships- unexplainable actually- you're left wondering how much could I have meant if I am that expendable to them? A simple sentence proclaiming how effortlessly they've forgotten about you is a time consuming process to digest how someone that you love so much and had such a deep friendship with could dismiss it. it's heartbreaking. no follow up or explanation, just a brief harsh goodbye, one that you would maybe give to someone who you barely knew or maybe to somebody that did something terrible to you. Not to someone you shared the best moments of your adult life with, that deserves more.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes we want to make sense of things that just don't make sense. Don't stress about things you cant change and focus on the positive!
    Love ya guuurl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you for beginning this blog! It's amazing and straight from the heart... so YOU : )

    ReplyDelete