Friday, February 12, 2010

Doctors [not mcgullicuddys]




I had to go to the doctors office this morning. Not just any doctor, a sleep doctor. For over a year now I have had extreme sleepiness and i had no idea why. I finally realized that this was a problem and really affecting my life so i seeked out a professional. My primary care physician sent me to a sleep doctor who ordered some tests to be done. I went to the hospital and got hooked up to over 40 wires and they monitored my sleep. When I woke up the next morning I had to take 5 naps in 2 hour intervals- BORINGGG.Not to mention its pretty impossible to get a good nights sleep with wires attached to your body and tubes going all over the place, even for me. So Today I revisited my sleep doctor to discuss the results of my sleepover slumber party at the hospital. Results point towards Narcolepsy but not exactly. Wow....really? Yeah. Normally you are diagnosed with narcolepsy if you fall into REM(rapid eye movement) sleep in 3 or more of your daytime naps- i fell into REM sleep in two of my naps. Normal people do not fall into REM sleep at all during naps. Point is, I was 1 nap away from narcolepsy so I am not official considered narcoleptic. However, he diagnosed me with something called Idiopathic Hypersomnia in which I was prescribed a medicine called Provigil, which is essentially a stimulant that i supposed to help me stay alert and awake during the day. So we shall see. Andd...I have to take this medicine for the rest of my life- wow. It's too bad that I can't do anything to prevent having idiopathic hypersomnia. ekk.
So I wore this flashy bright outfit to the doctors office to make me feel happy in the event that there was bad news. I love plaid print!
(Jacket-Thrift store. Blue plaid button down-Thrift store. Purple long sleeve-Pacific Sunwear. Pants-Forever21)

No comments:

Post a Comment