Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fashion Blogger



*note: please excuse this terribly lit and executed photograph-
I (semi) recently got into following fashion blogs and I have become obsessed. I've remained a fashion design major throughout all four of the schools that I have attended so I am very interested in these blogs. I first started following What I wore, which is not my style at all but I am obsessed with it! The girl who writes it is so cute and the outfits that she compiles are amazing, i must say.(I've been on a serious hunt for those brown frye boots in my size, it is impossible!!!) What's awesome about these fashion bloggers is that they aren't selfish and looking for all of the attention to be on their own blog, they turn their followers onto other fashion bloggers, which is great.KU-DOS! Through What I wore I have been following selective potential, blonde bedhead and second skin. They all have SUCH different styles, but all unique and great. I probably relate most to selective potential and blonde bedhead but like i said, they all bring something to the table for me. I would love to start a fashion blog but I don't know much about it or how to start one- perhaps this blog could turn into a fashion blog, that would be saweeet. However, I am not sure that I have enough clothes to put together an outfit everyday like they do. I have a lot of clothes, but i don't wear half of them. Perhaps this could be a chance for me to break out some of the clothes from my closet and invent outfits so that I get more use out of all of my clothes. Hmm.. I think that I might be onto something. The only problem is, I think I would be a little awkward in front of a camera- and who would I have take pictures of my outfits? There would be a lot to figure out but I think that I should really try this. It is something that I enjoy engaging myself in on a daily basis so why not try doing it myself... Is this copying? My outfits will definitely be different from all of the blogs that I follow, so I don't think its copying.
This could be the start of another hobby! Ever since I started taking my photography class and realized it was such a great hobby to have because no matter where i lived or moved to, i could continue to take photographs and learn more about the skill- I have been sort of on the 'lookout' to find more cool hobbys that are not geographically-based (like snowboarding..), since I tend to move around quite a bit. So Perhaps I will have to change my blog title from its current name "Juicey Thoughts" to.... shoot, it might look like I am trying to copy juicey couture.... I got the nickname Juicey from my lovely sister kimberly who has been calling me Juicey ever since i stepped foot outside the womb-graphic. I am going to have to work on a new name I think. I am going to start brainstorming now. xo for now
I am revisiting my earlier post- have some started ideas for a name for my fashion blog-- I've tried incorporating my name into some of them- meh i dunno....just for a start-Here are some of them:

FabbieRICATE.YOURSELF. hmm or fABBIEricate-yourself.
Abbi-E-xpression
Abbi.E.centric
Juicey Thoughts & Trends
Fabricat.E.ibbA

(pants-Forever 21. White tanktop- H&M.Purple shirt-Thayer street,RI. Red Flannel-Macys. Scarf-walmart. black jacket- forever 21. grey swweater- forever 21. necklace-forever 21.)

No comments:

Post a Comment