Friday, March 12, 2010

Making a Dress :)


*This white knit fabric will be used for the top of the dress*

*This striped fabric will be used for the 'skirt' of the dress*

*This Flower print, cotton fabric will be used as a thick hem on the bottom of the dress as well as the wrapping for the piping that I am making*


*Rose scarf used as belt*

*LoVe Croquis!*

I went to the sewing lab for a good part of the day today. I printed out my trouser pant pattern for CAD class as well as worked on the dress that I am making. I converted my muslin draped version of the dress into a paper pattern and cut it out on my fashion fabrics shown pictured above. After that I went to the photo lab to develop the roll of film that I just finished shooting. I have no idea what happened but upon completion, i took the negatives out of the developing tank and it was completely blank. BAH! so frustratinggg- i have no idea why that happened. So now I have to shoot another roll for this assignment which is really annoying because I got some great pictures on that one (or so i thought) and got my ray-bands stolen in the duration- what a stupid roll of film that was, STUPID.
Anyway- Today I wore this red and white striped button down that I found at my house one day, it very well could belong to one of my brothers. On the bottom I am wearing a pair of baggy skinny jeans...if that makes sense that are wicked comfy and lose-from forever 21. I am wearing a little flower scarf as a belt that I got from a thrift store. These deer earrings are the latest addition to my collection of homemade earrings. Lastly, these sunglasses are from 80's purple- and they are being worn with a croquis which janie gave me as part of my christmas/birthday present. I love it- I have been on a hunt for a croquis that i actually like for so long- but this one is great! I just love being able to take my sunglasses off and have them hang around my neck rather then trying to figure out where to put them. Probabaly should have been wearing it on my raybans..... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment