Tuesday, March 30, 2010

flooding


*$2.00, can't beat it*
Today was a pretty ridiculous day, i must say. I woke up, got ready for class and by getting ready I do mean throwing this comfortable $2.00 shirt from a thrift store in wyoming on, some pants, a raincoat and rain boots. It was POURING all day yesterday, through the night and when I woke up this morning (it continued on and is still raining) anyway, i was on my way to class only to discover the way that i usually take to school was blocked off because a river similar to the Colorado river was flowing through the road. I turned around and headed out to check out another route. I finally made it to school after turning my car into a boat. I walked to class in the down pouring rain, got extremely drenched and within seconds of sitting down, school had been cancelled. back out i went and by the time i got back into my car i legit felt like i just jumped into a swimming pool, i was soaked. it took over 1 1/2 hours to get home (usually takes 15 minutes) as leaving school today was a mass exodus of vehicles. sweet. Water was flowing through the roads everywhere and i saw a lot of fire trucks and police men at homes where rivers were flowing through their houses. scary stuff man. this weather is crazy. My ceiling leaked all night last night over my bed but thats nothing compared to water flowing through my doorway as some people have.
ANYWAY, was happy that classes were cancelled, otherwise the water would have just kept building up and it would have been even more difficult getting home. It stopped raining for a while there and i quickly headed to providence to get some photo supplies as well as did a little bit of shopping, ekk, then headed home and it started down pouring again. crazy day folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment