Monday, April 19, 2010

Student Exhibition!


Perhaps it's beginners luck, who knows, but I entered three of my photographs into my FIRST art show last week and one of them got picked to be in the show. I got an 'honorable mention' award, shown above. :) I got really giddy when I saw my name on the list because i by no means was expecting any of my images to be chosen to be apart of the show. I browsed and observed the art in the show today and there were some outstanding pieces in it- really amazing and inspiring.
I chatted with my brother Jamie for a while today and he pointed something out to me that for some reason, I hadn't noticed. He said that he has not seen me this excited about something as he has seen me about photography. Continuously discussing photography, trying to learn from him, enjoying the developing and printing process and just the love and enjoyment of photography overall. As he says, I'm not running to the sewing lab to sew on my free time as I do going to the darkroom- ehkk- ?? Although I realized that i really liked my class, I never really thought about it in terms of something that I could potentially REALLY get into. I have been studying design all 4 (6) years of college and it's just always been that because I have always wanted to be a designer. I still want to be a designer but i don't want to take the love that i have for photography lightly. You can't let these things pass you by, life is way to short for that. Something to THINK about, fo sho- Jamie is such an amazing photographer and I have learned so much from him and can't wait to learn so much more. It's fun to chat about (well anything) but specifically photography with him because he has an excellent grasp on it.
I took a nice run to the scarborough beach today and meditated on the sand for about 15 minutes. it was very peaceful and serene, then i ran back to my house, showered and currently feel very rejuvenated. Narragansett is a nice place to run around. I love running, it just takes me a while to take that first run to get back into it. perhaps I was inspired by marathon monday- I would LOVE to run a marathon, but that takes a lot of skill and training. Maybe one day- anybody want to join?

2 comments: