Friday, April 23, 2010

Bronica


*Bronica open- when taking the picture you look down into that little box and it shows you the image*

My mom let me borrow her old Bronica camera to test it out and take some photos with it. its a medium format camera and it holds 120 or 220 film. Currently I have 120 loaded in there so it exposes 12 images- the 220 exposes 24. Since this will be my first roll with this camera I think it's better to start off with less to see how I do. I am not sure how I will be developing this kind of film yet because I have only used kodak 400 tx- my photography teacher knows how though so she will be showing me how. I am wicked excited to take a roll of film with this camera because it takes very crisp, sharp images. My mom actually took my highschool senior photos with this camera. She also used to shoot weddings with this back in the day- crazy huh? Luckily the Bronica has a back up, back so that you can just remove the back and load on another back that has the film preloaded so that she didnt have to waste time loading more film. I think its so amazing that cameras like this not only are still around but work just great! This camera actually seems to be a primitive form of a digital camera because as you can see, the part the pops up on the top, you look down into that and it shows you the image that you are focusing on- its VERY neat. My mom also ha a variety of lenses and filters that go with this camera so I can't wait to try them all out.
On another note, yesterday the brakes in my car gave out while I was driving. Luckily I was not driving terribly fast but it was pretty scary. My foot was pressing the brakes all the way down and i was gliding- ehhh. anyway, I was right near the nissan dealership and was able to make it over there to drop off my car so it is in the shop now. I am currently rocking a rental car- i hope my baby is ok. *baby=car. I love my car so much but its been making really weird noises and shaking so I hope they can fix her up!

No comments:

Post a Comment