Monday, April 12, 2010

Life is a GIFT

SORRY about the delay. Although I had an excellent friday night (at first) it ended just dreadfully. TO make a long story short, my purse got stolen that had my cell phone, car keys, USB key, wallet and my makeup. I know makeup isnt a big deal but its expensive! haha. It's a hassle. My parents having to cancel the credit cards and order new ones, me having to find different ways of communication rather than through a phone until I find a cheap enough phone, getting a new license, etc. the list goes on. Anyway- it was a pretty dreadful end to a good night which led me to a big reflection day the next day. I've lived most of my life with the mentality that I can't miss out on things otherwise i'll regret it. I've lived most of my life thinking I am invincible and nothing can happen to me. I am unsure why it never occurs to me that I am in fact, not invincible. I think it its a young persons mentality, or perhaps many people share that mentality. It's not a good way to think. I've always thought very free flowing and loosely, thinking, what happens will happen and i can't do anything to change it. But it's actually the quite opposite of that. The decisions that you make are a direct reflection of how your life will be lived. If you don't make realistic decisions then there is a good chance you won't find yourself in predicaments. It's not a happy way to live, figuring your way out of bad situations. My goal is to constantly remind myself that my life is a gift. My life is not something that I just have a right to, it is a gift that I truly have to protect and care for. That probably sounds PRETTY cliche, but I don't even care because at the end of my day of reflection, it's how i truly felt and how i plan to always feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment