Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chopra's Seven Spiritual Laws of Success


*Again, I realize this is backwards*
Just returned from another run/meditation at the beach- ahh, again, so rejuvenating.
I have a feeling this book that I am reading could really be life changing. I am reading one law per day and attempting to practice it the next day. The first law of pure (self) potentiality challenged me to go through a day with no judgment. I generally have lived my life trying not to judge people but wow, this was a very difficult task. I did not realize that my internal voice was so loud and filled with some thoughts that i am not proud of. It was hard to not judge anyone or anything throughout the day but I think by the end of the day I started getting better at it, which means that by the end of the week i'll improve and hopefully rid my mind of negative thoughts. I think that it can really improve my life without those types of thoughts. The second law of success that I moved on to was the law of giving- this law challenged me to give something to everyone I came in contact with throughout the day. Not necessarily something materialistic but giving someone something like a compliment, a flower or even a prayer/blessing in your head. This was also difficult. I wondered how people would react to me giving them something and to be honest, i felt a little uncomfortable. So for the most part, I practiced giving people prayers/blessings in my head but I am going to try harder tomorrow to give people more!
Point is, this is an amazing book and I think I have a lot to learn from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment