Thursday, September 2, 2010

Farewell Nantucket- Officially back in America


I am reporting to you from the lovely little state that i love to call home and that is new hampshire. Today was a tragjic fail of a day. I was scheduled on the vehicle ferry for 10:15 am to leave nantucket and unfortunately missed it. I then attempted to make it onto the 12:00 ferry and once again, missed it. Finally, my car was fed up with me and it took itself onto the 2:15 ferry as i followed behind an hour later on the 3:15 ferry. I also would like to mention at this point in time that I tried to do simple tasks such as sip from water fountains and could not manage to even get that right as water simply did not make it into my mouth but yet all over my face. The good news is, i got a bunch of great music while my ferries were taking off without me on them as well as got to hang out longer with my dear friends- so i guewss it wasn't so bad. THEN as i was waiting in line for the ferry i ran into my friend charlie who was also leaving the island, he was fleeing from the hurricane for the weekend, so i had a pal to chat with as we cruised on over back to america where i was reunited with my car and trecked on home- hit some traffic but it wasnt nearly as bad as the people headed towards the cape which seems a bit odd considering A crazy natural disaster is about to hit that exact location- looks like i got off the island just in the nick(?) of time. So wqhen i stopped to get gas i decided i wanted to do something that i havnt been able to for the past 4 months being on nantucket so i hopped on over to mcdonalds to get one of those amazing $1 flat burgers and it literally made me feel ill. It didnt occur to me that all summer i havnt been eating junk food as well as trying to eliminate gleuten from my diet and that this could possibly have such an effect on me- ehh goo. Note to self, don't ever eat fast food. check. anyway, i came home to a cute, typed up note, from my dad welcoming me home because my parents are at a political reception at the moment. hes such an amazing, thoughful father and i love him to pieces. WELL its time to go hang out with my brothers puppy liam- PEACE OUT PEOPLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment